This is one of those recipes where you can cheat a bit. What I mean by that is that I used a $1 package of Knorr's Chicken Rice Sides instead of getting fancy and making my own rice combination. You can do that if you want, but using a fast packaged rice mixture makes this a quick and easy dinner.
- 2 Bell Peppers, top cut off and cored inside (Make sure to get peppers that can stand up on their own easily. Use red for a sweeter taste, or green for a fresh, crisp taste)
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound lean Ground Beef
- about 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 package of Knorr's Chicken Rice Sides (or any flavorful rice)
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large skillet, heat up about a tablespoon of olive oil and add the garlic and onions. Cook until the onions are transparent (about 3 minutes).
Add the ground beef and cook until brown.
Cook rice according to package instructions.
When rice and beef are fully cooked, begin stuffing your peppers. Start with a layer of beef, then rice, then cheese. Repeat until the peppers are full. Sprinkle top layer with cheese.
Cook in oven for 25-30 minutes, or until pepper is soft.
Tips: I used the leftover rice as a side, but you can pair this with a salad or eat it as is! Also you can use other types of meat. Chorizo is also a great choice with stuffed peppers.