Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bi-Rite Creamery: San Francisco, CA

I think I have finally found THE best ice cream place in San Francisco, and possibly the United States. Everyone raves about this place, but I seriously had to taste for myself. I finally did. Located in the Mission neighborhood of San Francisco, right by the beautiful Delores Park, Bi-Rite Creamery continues to impress people with their unique flavors like Balsamic Strawberry, Basil, and Salted Caramel. 


You will almost always have to wait in a line wrapped along the side of the building in order to get to your little piece of heaven, but trust me, it's worth it-- plus the line moves pretty quickly.

 I got up to the counter after about 15 minutes of waiting, and the staff were offering up samples like crazy. I sampled the olive oil and basil flavors as they seemed to be the most interesting, and probably not the choices I was going to go with for a full scoop. The basil tasted like... well... basil ice cream. The olive oil was surprisingly very delicious and different. This might have been one of my favorite flavors. I ended up with a cup of balsamic strawberry and salted caramel scoops for $3.25.

The salted caramel was extremely good. It tasted exactly like salted caramel. Seriously, these flavors taste exactly like their name. Balsamic strawberry had a hint of that tanginess which really brought out the sweet strawberry flavor. Definitely my favorite over the 2 scoops I had in my cup.

I think the next time I go back I'm going to be a bit more adventurous with my order. Olive oil is definitely next on the list.

This place also offers sundaes with their own whipped cream and fudge. You can even purchase their wide variety of fudge flavors and pints of ice cream. They even have ice cream cakes (if only my birthday was coming up)!

I'm telling you, you have GOT to try this ice cream. I dare you to be adventurous.

Bi-Rite Creamery's hot fudge selection






















No comments:

Post a Comment